8/16/07

take a beating , verbally


At work yesterday I called an insurance company and the costumer service person I got was so obviously not America. I would say from India based on his accent and his peculiar lack of taking my frustrating personal. In my experience, over and over again other countries customer service agents they have this ability to take a beating, verbally. I’m not kidding. What must they think of Americans??? LOL when you call lets say, blue cross (in America) and you get feisty, low and behold they get feisty back. What is that? Are the better trained? Are they not picking up on the anger in ones voice? Are the better self controlled? What the heck. Anybody know what I’m talking about???

1 comment:

Kacey said...

I would humbly submit that they may not, perhaps, understand a huge portion of what we're saying. Also, maybe our angry pales in comparison to the angry they get from others, who knows?All I know is that it's sure easy to "hook" someone here in America. I used to do collections, and man, we had to have the " how to not get hooked" training.

Maybe our Indian friends have more to go home to at night and don't find their self worth in their menial positions.

Just some thoughts!!

K