3/9/08

Apparently, I am obsessed with food



I have this memory of school lunches.

I am not one of those people who have a lot of memories from childhood. I think maybe one reason I don’t have a lot of memories is because I think repetition brings familiarity; things changed all the time for me.

The school lunch it’s really a good memory; it’s way back in the 70’s when the food at grade school was served in the plastic trays with the dividing compartments. ( I still love to eat out of those, it’s a good thing when food dose not touch.) My stomach was just as empty as can be and the food smells standing in line just about killed me. The cafeteria floors where a dark brick red and super shinny, I remember a creamed chicken like substance served on bread, a side of canned corn and yellow cake. Yummy! Hahaah sounds terrible. But I remember it being really yummy.

I think it would be funny to find one of those lunch menus’s from way back and compare what passes now for school lunch oh the food is horrible in school now, at least in our school district. It is curly fries & pizza served in a neat little boat like paper things. in grade school they go back to their desk and eat lunch What is that? No nerd table? No food fights? Most food doesn’t need silverware… if they do they use plastic. Good grief the food in Jr high is appalling are they trying to kill our kids with diabetes by 15? Haha! Anyway yeah for food

5 comments:

pondering said...

Oh yeah! I remember those trays... and I remember walking through the line holding those trays while they plopped one thing after another on them. I remember the lunches always needed more salt, unless it was taco or hamburger day.
What great memories....

Hummer said...

School food is nasty!! I feel sorry for your kids. : (

And ps...I totally agree with food not touching. Can't stand it!!!

Kacey said...

I never got school lunch. I wonder now if that was really a bad thing...perhaps not so much. I do remember that the pepperoni on the pizza would turn into little bowls that had pooled grease in them. Ummm.

pondering said...

GROSS! Thats so true!

Anonymous said...

i say yum to that!
mra