3/29/08

observations of the day

I went to a funeral for a coworker’s husband today. He had an aggressive brain tumor, he fought it the first time around was tumor free for I think about 1.5 years but the second timeit came back he lost the battle. The services where held at a catholic church, it has been a very long time since I was at Mass. It's funny I remembered all my lines! “And also with you” stand up/ sit down/ stand up sit down. Then we headed to the bar to celebrate his life, now that was different for me, I have only been too a bar like twice in my whole life.

My observations of the day are: I found it amazing that Gods blessings are given to us even in an unredeemed state, not to say we are all walking the narrow path or call on him as redeemer and are saved, but God has created all things and the natural man was given so much to thank God for, the comfort of friends, strength to go on the pleasures of food and the blessing of sleep…. just to name a few!!

Before I was walking with the Lord I can look back on my path and see Gods hand in my life, I wonder if Gods hand is there but until you are saved you can not see it? I am not sure if that is biblical or not. I do know that Jesus was called a friend of sinners and Romans 5:8 says “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

I wonder if I am being new age-ie “God is in everything” ??
I think what I am feeling is thankful to God that even the unsaved around me are blessed by Him. Even if they don’t see it as Him. I pray that the scales would fall from their eyes and He would save them.
Because really what gain is it to have everything and loose your soul?

4 comments:

Her said...

I think I texted you right as it was starting...sorry:)

Mia said...

I felt my cell vibrate in my pocket but I actually refrained from texting at Mass.

pondering said...

Wow, see how God blessed you also!

Kacey said...

I was just posting tonight on my bro's blog about this very topic and I think what we know is that every good and perfect gift comes from God. Every breath that any of us take is purely by the grace of God. He allows the rain to fall on the just and the unjust and died for all of us while we were still sinners. It is purly by his grace that we see and believe because we know that not one of us is righteous, none of us earn his blessings or favor.

A divine mystery and an appropriate prayer for scales to fall. It has happened to me and it can happen for anyone who is searching for the light of God's truth.

Blessings sister!