1/1/08

synesthesia "senses coming together”


Ok so this weird fact about me. I have synesthesia, what is that you say??
Synesthesia (or synaesthesia) is loosely defined as "senses coming together”
Its really a rather weird , it only happen once in awhile to me and my particular type is “Emotions -> colors” for example when I am madly in love I feel a color or a color burst go off in my body almost like I am feeling the color. For me love/ romance, are red orange in color and it very a tactile experience, almost like I taste, and touch the color and the color is the emotion, and it is pretty much involuntary. I don’t have this like most synesthetic do, most have Graphemes -> colors

I did not know there was a name for this experience and I never really question if other people had this, I assume it was that way on some level with everyone. I am wondering who out there has had synesthesia experiences or live this way all the
time? This is not the same as smelling bread and remerging grandma’s house. That is a smell (sensation) bringing on an emotional memory or feeling. When the number 3 is red and always has been red. That is synesthesia. Or kissing is green and feels green. That is synesthesia "senses coming together”
So tell me do you have this??

2 comments:

pondering said...

What color is the taste of my chicken soup?

Kacey said...

Maybe that's where "green with envy" and "seeing red" came from? Me thinks perhaps Shakespeare was also a synesthetic...who knows.